Lewis and Clark Cycling Trek

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Day 6-10.6 circular miles in Great Falls, MT

Tai is still not up to par, but his fever is down and he is just tired. I kept Tai in bed as much as possible today, but in the afternoon a flat tire on my bike forced me to get him up. In the afternoon, I had biked the 5 mile trip to the Lewis and Clark Interpretive Center in Great Falls. It was a very complete center, one of the best I have seen. It included a video and lecture by one of the National Park people, plus it had a large display that centered around the portage of the Great Falls of the Missouri. When I finished and went to my bike, I found I had a flat tire. I did not bring my tool kit or new tubes, so my only alternative was to call Tai and have him bring out what I needed. I hated to disturb his rest day, but there was no other alternative. He brought everything out and we fixed the tire and returned to the hotel. We are looking forward to biking tomorrow.

-clarkwheel

Student Question- About how long were Lewis and Clark in the Great Falls area portaging and doing other chores?

1 Comments:

  • Just finished reading your entire trip. What a great time you had. Just note, the interpretive center in Great Falls, site of a lot of great ranger programs throughout the year, is managed by the USDA Forest Service. Cycle on!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home